Friday, March 20, 2020

Lockdown - Day 5

The situation is as follows: I keep having technical problems with the presentations that I have already edited for all of you. The one about advanced comparatives is already finished but, for some inexplicable reason, my computer seems reluctant to cooperate. Today I have tried to convert the PowerPoint slideshow into a movie in four different ways... to no avail. I'll keep trying so you can watch it on Monday.

The access to the on-line platform is a different story.

C1.1: The National Geographic representative has promised to give me codes for all of you (which you will need to access the on-line exercises). Unfortunately, they seem to be swamped right now and, quite understandably, are taking quite a while to get things done. They have apologized and asked me to be patient. My hands are tied, but don´t worry. You'll soon get the codes and start working.


C1.2: You have it easier. In order to access the on-line material you will need in order to enter the so-called "content access code", which is in the scratch-off panel on the inside cover of your student book. Every code is unique to your student book. Okay, theoretically, it works like this:

Step 1. You go to this URL address
Step 2. Enter the username and your password. Don't worry. You will get them in an email I'll send you tomorrow.
Step 3. You will see our Outcomes course and a bunch of assignments.
Step 4. Click on the button that says: enter content access code, which is on the inside cover of your textbook (look at the photograph below) and voilà: you're in.



Content Access Code for the C1.2 course


I have already contacted all my C1.2 students in Laredo to join a videoconference on Monday morning. I'll do the same with my C1.2 class in Castro and, of course, with the C1.1 group. If everything goes according to plan (I don't see why it shouldn't), I will organize smaller sessions (around 6 students) so we can do on-line oral exercises. I tried the website (www.zoom.us) and it actually rocks! Be ready to meet me on-line next week.

Again, I have to ask you to be patient. This lockdown situation is going to be quite a protracted experience. Turning ours into an on-line course might pay off in the end.

Check your emails and visit this blog every now and then to get updates on my progress. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...