Saturday, March 14, 2020

During the coronavirus outbreak

So, the state of alert has come into effect today and we are facing a nationwide lockdown. By any standards, this is an anomalous situation that demands patience from all of us. Strange as it may seem, I believe this state of affairs presents us with an opportunity to hit the pause button, look back and take stock of we've achieved so far. At the EOI we have received instructions to keep working, which is what I plan to do. So be ready to get some learning material and a bit of homework too.

Alright. Today I've decided to start by giving you a couple of references that, hopefully, you'll find helpful. As you probably are vaguely aware of, I'm not exactly prone to divulging practical information regarding exams and certifications but, given the extraordinary circumstances that have befallen us, I think we can take a look at the big picture and try and answer an old question from a different perspective. What does the C1 level sound like? You can check it out in these two videos:

1. Charlotte discusses a book 
2. Annabelle talks about communication development

Interestingly enough, the French Ministry of Education deemed those videos to be literally exemplary, which goes a long way to sidestepping the usual wordy descriptions, don't you think?

Also, if you happen to be curious about the official certification you should visit our school's website. It offers some practical information about the C1 official exam. Okay. That's it for now. Over the next few days I'm going to be working on ways to keep you busy. So stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...