Monday, March 30, 2020

Lockdown - Day 15

Hi everyone. How are you holding up? I really hope you've found a (psychologically) healthy way to weather this crisis. With respect to our English classes, I'm going to keep posting on this blog till my fingers bleed. I will also schedule regular weekly videoconferences to tackle specific points and listen to your voices. By the way, I'm not sure if the code 676-546-8161 could grant you access to any meeting, but if it did it would be great. It would certainly go a long way toward making my life easier because I would'nt have to send you an email every time I host an on-line meeting.

So far, I haven't received any essays, but there's absolutely no rush. Tomorrow morning I will update the assignments for my C1.2 students. The C1.1 class still have time to do the exercises from unit 1.

This morning I designing and editing this brief video in which I discuss why it is critical to learn vocabulary in chunks. One thing: a regrettable glitch that occurred during the conversion process deleted one of the slides in which I explain how the German romantics (19th century) managed to restore/redefine the concept of originality and individuality. You, as learners of English, should NOT try to be original. Not yet. First and foremost, you should make sure that you master the conventions. Only when you have accomplished that are you expected to develop your own originality.



1 comment:

  1. This entry was, indeed, very useful, not that the others are not, do not get me wrong. Pass a kidney stone.. funny.

    ReplyDelete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...