Monday, May 18, 2020

Lockdown - Day 64

My dear students. The end of our course is only ten days away. You have been kind enough to send me the exercises for the progress report. So there is not much I can teach you at this point. I plan to devote most of the remaining days to rather laborious clerical duties. Also I'm still recording audio commentaries on your presentations. So be patient. You'll get yours. Since there are no new contents to be taught, I will use this blog to make sure you are duly informed of the novelties regarding not only your promotion but also the certification exams. I will keep posting. Don't worry about it.

On a more practical, tomorrow a staff meeting is going to be held. All teachers at EOI Laredo will join a videoconference to discuss this unusual state of affairs and the impending end of the course. So expect a digest on Wednesday.

I hope you can afford to take seven minutes of your day and watch the video below. If you are a C1.1 student this clip can help you get an idea as to what the next course is going to be about. If you are part of a C1.2 class it will help you remember some of those strategies that can make you sound "natural" which, let's face it, is the holy grail of the C1 level.


No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...