Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Lockdown - Day 58

This post is going to be about the mediation exercise that I need for the progress report. I'm sorry. It just needs to be done. I don't make the rules. The deadline, by the way, is May 17. Given that we already did written mediation exercises in February, it is only logical that we should now try our hand at oral mediation. Therefore I would like you to record watch a video clip and record an audio file which should be between one and two minutes long. I know you'll need several takes to actually nail it (that's my hope). So, be ready to take your time, rehearse and use your best enunciation skills to make a good impression.


C1.2 STUDENTS

The fourth unit of our textbook, Outcomes, deals with politics (check out page 32). The mediation activity will consist in summarizing the contents of this video clip about Chinese immigration to the United States of America.




C1.1 STUDENTS


Your job is slightly easier. The fourth unit of our textbook, Close-Up, tackles the world of show business, specifically theater and movies. Therefore I thought it would be perfect for you to watch a brief analysis of a famed movie and record your own summary of a critic's take on a famed film, in this case La La Land (2016), for that nonexistent classmate that missed "the class".





ABOUT YOUR END-OF-COURSE GRADES


From most of you I already have enough grades to evaluate your oral skills. Still, 20% of the final grade will depend on the document that you send me now. I'm happy to report that three of you have already sent me their narrated presentations. Really good stuff, by the way. As for the rest of you, you still have time to put together a little PowerPoint or record a speech on your favorite subject. If you can... The grades will be published on June 5 (https://www.eoilaredo.org/examenes.html).





N.B. Get ready for a fascinating clip. Yes. Tomorrow I will get back to hardcore grammar and discuss one of those areas that belong to the C1 curriculum, mostly because you should be vaguely familiar with it before you face it in the C2 level: the subjunctive mood.






1 comment:

  1. You could have choosen another chinese person, because she talks incredibly quick anyway I will try it .-

    ReplyDelete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...