Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Lockdown - Day 59

Hi, everyone. How are you all doing? I'm quite busy, grading exercises and writing out reports. However, I have somehow found the time to edit a little video which deals with one of those grammar areas that, even if it belongs to the C2 level, should be introduced in the C1 classes. I'm talking about the subjunctive mood. It is not a typo. The subjunctive mood. Strictly speaking, it is meant to be mastered at the C2 level. Nevertheless, you cannot discover, use and master something at once, which is why the subjunctive was included in the curriculum for the C1.2 course. By doing this, I try to first present this verb form so we can practice it before you finally master it.

Even though we are only supposed to learn a few fixed expressions (e.g. God save the Queen) I thought some of you might benefit from a more intense exposure to this peculiar (some would say "obscure") matter. Those of you who are in my C1.1 class but feel curious about the subjunctive can sneak a peek before you are officially required to deal with it. Enjoy.






1 comment:

  1. You could have choosen another chinese person, because She talks incredibly quick anyway I will try it ( the last comment appeared unknown)

    ReplyDelete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...