Friday, May 25, 2018

BEST OF LUCK

Hello everybody! As they say "time surely flies when you're having fun". Once again I find myself bidding you all farewell. The course is effectively over. We're all preparing for the upcoming exams, aren't we?

My biggest concern revolves around your writing exercise. Time and again the writing part proves to be the toughest one (even harder to pass than the oral exam). That's why I've decided to remind you of the different areas we examiners will be looking at.

The structure of your essays is fundamental. Make sure your text is well organized. You will have time to think and rethink and even overthink everything you decide to write out. And don't forget you should show that your vocabulary is relevant to the subject matter. Also try not to make obvious grammar mistakes and watch out for those spelling errors. The guy (or gal) that got the unfortunate tattoo in the photo below is not exactly what I would call a good speller. Still, spelling accounts for one out ten points in each writing exercise.



One more thing, if you know somebody who might be interested in improving their English this summer you may want to let them know about this intensive five-day English course that Marta Miguel and I are going to be teaching in Laredo. The level will be B2. I promise it will be fun.

Anyway, best of luck to you all. I'm sure I'll see you around!


1 comment:

  1. The intensive english course looks great! Best of luck for the brave ones who are going to take the exam.

    ReplyDelete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...