Thursday, October 6, 2016

My dear students. I’m back. It looks like this year I’m going to center my efforts on the so-called “avanzado” level. Let me make something clear. As I have already said in the classroom that label (“avanzado”) is a bit of a misnomer. Our courses are by no means advanced. “Avanzado 1” is defined by the B1 + level and “Avanzado 2” takes you to B2 ar. If you don’t believe me just check out the names of the textbooks (they say upper intermediate, don't they?). We got that out of the way. Good.

So… welcome everybody. If everything goes according to plan we will all walk together through the English desert and hopefully reach the B2 oasis in about eight months. Here is an extended thank-you note (in the form of a magazine) for my former students, some of whom may actually decide to visit this blog. For the new ones that text may well be a reading exercise. It is full of interesting vocabulary. Enjoy.




One last thing. Some of you know my personal approach to the learning process. Those of you that don’t know me much may want to read this article which basically explains my view of the foreign language problem in our country and this one, where I simply touch on the symbiotic relationship between language and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...