Tuesday, February 9, 2016


Dear people of Israel! This is Moses, your favorite pathfinder in the EOI desert.

Okay. Here’s the good news. There will be no more exams for another four months. The earthquake is over, which means that this week we’re going to be through the rumble so we can somehow ascertain what exactly happened, specially in the Intermedio 1 group, where casualties are more abundant.

Intermedio 1

I was running the problem over and over in my head, just trying to come up with a solution to the mess when the thought struck me: why not re-use the old magazines I put together for my Intermediate students some fiveyears ago?

I want to relieve that they contain some advice you may still find useful. Check them out anyway and let me know if you’re interested in something of that sort. We could issue our own special edition.


Avanzado 2

To my advanced crowd. We’re going to be looking back at the first units of the textbook (again!) but we’re also going to move on. One thing is quite clear, though. For reasons beyond my comprehension, you all seem to have learnt some adjectives pretty well: “quirky”, “creepy”, etc. pop up in just about every composition you wrote. Why? I hope to get some answers in the classroom.

Anyhoo… Carmen Oña kindly shared with me information regarding this baffling videoclip which, in a most compelling fashion, deals with the subject that we’re going to tackle on this week: growing old. Enjoy.





Oh! One more thing. For those of you who love opinion essay formulae of the type “first and foremost”, “firstly” and “first of all”…  Look at this interesting neologism from last year’s exams.



N.B. For those of you that are wondering if "anyhoo" is a typo, the answer is no. "Anyhoo" is a funny way of (deliberately) mispronouncing "anyhow". Don't you ever use that in an oral exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...