Thursday, October 3, 2013

Personal names

This is a truly bizarre coincidence... It just so happens that the two textbooks I'm going to be using (New English File B1 + and Speak Out C1) tackle the very same topic in their first units: personal names. Odd, isn't it? Anyhow, those of you that are interested in people's names might get a kick out of this peculiar list. We'll talk about it in the classroom. Actually, we already broached the subject in the Intermediate class, when I mentioned the name of that frustrated character that spends most of his free time trying to catch Roadrunner: Wile E. Coyote.

Anyway, if you feel like learning something about personal names in the United States, check out the clip below. You won't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...