Monday, October 21, 2013

Hi everyone! I'm still here. You know what? I'm not going to have all that much time to post elaborate stuff. That's actually one of the reasons why I decided to upload that excerpt from one my old video casts. I hope it helped you realize how one should pronounce those "-ous" adjectives... In the same vein I'm going to let my intermediate students take a gander at a little project I carried out some two years ago (yes, the "some" is intentional and correct). It's a simple magazine/newsletter I edited for my intermediate classes. It's not much but I thought I might use it again. If you're curious you can check it out by clicking right here.

As for our current classes, I suggest you take a shot at that simple exercise I discussed in the classroom, i.e. how to make a statement a little more natural. For those of you who may not remember what I'm talking about... let's just say that "That is funny" sounds dead boring and, depending on the circumstances, even robotic. However "Well, that's actually sort of funny, isn't it?". Just look at the unnecessary words in that sentence. Along those lines you may come up with stuff like: "To be honest, I happen to be a bit of a cook myself, you know?". See the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...