Saturday, September 30, 2017

Welcome to my course

Greetings, new students, former students and occasional walk-ins. The new school year is upon us! This time I'm going to be teaching two consecutive levels: B2 and C1. At this point in my career I still feel the need to wonder if you are all fully aware of what those levels really entail. So, for the sake of clarity, allow me to remind you that B2 is an intermediate level (I know, we call it Avanzado 2 but that's just an unfortunate misnomer), which makes it possible for a learner to discuss a wide range of subjects even if (s)he still sounds like (s)he is trying. B2 speakers tend to use pretty basic blanket terms (to go, to see, to clean). C1, however, is all about lexical accuracy (to commute, to glimpse, to wipe). It is also the start of something remotely resembling a natural kind of expression. You will be expected to use fillers, idioms and even stammer (for the right reasons). Are you ready for the challenge?


1 comment:

  1. Come on Rodolfo!!! Are you trying to intimidate the new pupils? I can guess a malicious smile on your face...,.😈😈

    ReplyDelete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...