Thursday, January 9, 2014

Let's see... Happy New Year, everyone! Time surely flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? My last post is almost a full month old. The Xmas season is over and exams are round the corner. Where does that leave us? Well, the intermediate groups are looking into the mesmerizing world of interior design while my C1 class concentrates hard on the intricacies of the criminal underworld. So whilst some students think of adjectives that can describe Ikea furniture others wrack their brains trying to discuss the process of disabling a handgun (which is, incidentally, the way one refers to it).

FP students: the clock keeps ticking. We are going to learn ways to generalize and avoid sweeping statements.

Intermediate 2 students: we're about to complete unit 4, which means we will devote the rest of our classes to revising. I will give you back your compositions next week.

C1 students: those of you who agreed to get involved in my video project should start looking at that calendar so we can schedule a "recording session". You will get your essays on Monday.

And that's it for now

2 comments:

  1. What are you doing in your new video? If you need a toothbrush again remember the students who are in advanced 1 ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rubén. I'm doing nothing fancy, really. My C1 students are going to describe one of those "pinch-me" moments, an awe-inspiring experience that demands the kind of lexical accurary that we deal with in the classroom.

      Delete

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...