Friday, January 24, 2014

Hey everybody. How many of you follow this blog? Is it six? Seven? I really don't know... Anyhow, for those of you out there that read my posts here is a list of expressions that you should be able to use:

Intermedio 2
Me preocupan los efectos secundarios.
Todo me da vueltas.
Creo que he pillado algo.
Me duele la espalda cada vez que estornudo.
Creo que podría estar embarazada.
Mi suegra se ha puesto de parto.
Me podría recetar un analgésico.
Se va a operar las orejas de soplillo.
Me hago un chequeo todos los años.
Tengo la tensión alta.
Le dio un ictus.
Voy a vomitar.
Tienes fiebre.

If you find yourself scratching your head because you can't think of an acceptable translation for those sentences... well, that means you should probably go over your notes. If that's not the case you're on the right path to Pass City (if you catch my drift).

C1 students: I'll post something for you soon enough. In the meantime you may have some fun reading about this ground-breaking method that will allows you to learn Mandarin in 8 months. It has been developed by a Spaniard who apparently aims at exploiting the gullible. Be that as it may, the creator of the method is giving interviews all over the place. We've seen the "natural way", "English with 1000 words". When will this nonsense stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...