Friday, January 3, 2020

Back to the grind

Happy New Year, everyone!

The Christmas break is drawing to its close. We should all get ready to go back to work. For starters I'd like to thank all of you, C1.1 students, who were kind enough to mail me their essays before New Year's Day. My C1.2 will have to turn in a 280-word essay answering the question on page 54 (second bullet point in exercise 5): Are we less violent than we used to? In order to better address the topic you may want to read the text on page 55. The deadline is Jan 16.

More homework. Every student (C1.1 and C1.2) is expected to make a brief oral presentation about some topic you are interested in or passionate about, be it the Greek orthodox church, single-cell organisms, Green Lantern, sesquipedalian nouns, the history of paintbrushes, Malian music, race cars or cosmology (for the record, I'd rather you discussed cosmology than paintbrushes).

One last thing. We're going to be doing lots of micro-exercises so I can collect enough grades to put together the mandatory progress report in February.






No comments:

Post a Comment

On teaching

So I'm about to wrap the whole thing up. The school year is almost over and I have the distinct feeling that I may not be returning to t...